Monday

Virgin Islands Vacation Part 1


Let me just start by saying the Virgin Islands are one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am absolutely a beach lover and the Virgin Islands were like heaven for me.

Our trip started in St. Thomas where we boarded our boat, the McGregor II!!

Our captain was super fun and his wife was our chef who made some fantastic food! The two of them were awesome and fun and knew how to show us a good time.

Each day we would wake up, drink coffee, have a fantastic breakfast, go SCUBA diving and take in a little sun. After that we would pick up our anchor and move on to another beautiful cove. We explored the Virgin Islands from St. Thomas to Tortola and a few more sprinkled in there too!

Once we got secured in our new place we would eat lunch, swim/snorkel, and enjoy the sun. Once the sun started to set we got ready for dinner and hung out. After dinner, Matt and I were usually exhausted from all the swimming we did all day. Some nights we watched a movie and some we did a little star gazing and went to bed by 10:30. We'd start over the next day!


Matt and I with his Parents!
Love me some SPF 50
The Caribbean life is fabulous, slow paced, beautiful, I can't say enough good things about it. Being in the Caribbean makes me want to become a professional treasure hunter so I can swim all day in the beautiful ocean!

Us with Matt's mom





Each day we saw tons of sailboats and mega yachts. We weren't the only ones that felt drawn to the warm sunny ocean of the Caribbean.





In order to help me overcome the shock of being back in the Midwest I've been listening to alot of Jimmie Buffett, Kenny Chesney, and islandy music, putting lime in my water and coke and sipping the cruzan rum we brought back in the evenings.

More to come tomorrow!

No comments: